Print Description Email This To A Friend
OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
With a well established reputation for program and service excellence, a respected sought-after accredited pre-school, and a strong financial and operational foundation, the York Jewish Community Center (JCC) has recently completed a renovation and expansion of its facilities.
The leadership of the York Jewish Community Center (JCC) views the appointment of its next Chief Executive Officer as a compelling opportunity for a visionary leader to advance the organization at a turning point in its organizational development; an opportunity to innovate and contribute significantly to transforming this center for Jewish life in York, strengthening and building community collaboration and crafting a new vision and narrative for the central role of the JCC across the entire York community.
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral and visible part of a vibrant, special community that celebrates its diversity. Despite a small, yet strong, Jewish population, the JCC has garnered the esteem and respect of the broader York community to build a thriving impactful base of support with more than 90% non-Jewish members. The new CEO is not only a senior leader of the Jewish community, but a respected civic leader in the York community at large.
The JCC seeks a creative and energetic CEO who can continue to position the JCC to play a significant role in modeling how they think about community, Jewish continuity and the expression of the Jewish values that will drive the community for years to come.
BACKGROUND AND MISSION
First established in 1910 as the Young Men’s and Young Women’s Hebrew Association, the York Jewish Community Center (JCC) has now grown into a thriving community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religious, financial, or ethnic background. The York JCC strives to be a dynamic, in-demand, full-service Jewish Community Center and an exceptional place of belonging where its richly diverse community members can meet and interact with each other on common ground and with a common purpose.
The JCC’s mission is to strengthen and preserve Jewish culture and values, promote respect for diversity, support the State of Israel and World Jewry, and enhance the well-being of the members and the communities it serves through cultural, educational, recreational, social, wellness and child development opportunities. While remaining true to its Jewish history and values, the York JCC is also committed to making all people feel welcomed and respected, embracing the diversity of its members.
The JCC provides high quality programs and services in the areas of:
• Wellness & Fitness - The JCC’s state-of–the-art fitness center boasts a high-quality functional training line of equipment.
• Children's Education - Over 400 children from diverse backgrounds currently learn together at the JCC in Early Childhood Education, School Age, and Summer Camp programs.
• Youth/Teen Camps – summer camp programs are available for children from age 3 up to tenth grade
• Jewish Culture and Holiday Programs - Each year, the JCC reaches more than one thousand children and adults in York County with information about Jewish culture and history. They also give opportunities every day to the larger York community who come to the JCC to learn about Jewish customs and practices in a safe, familiar environment.
• Diversity Education - A variety of bias awareness curricula and trainings geared for all ages (kindergarten through adult) are presented in schools, businesses, and organizations in York and the greater York area;
• Contemporary Adult Programming
The JCC is a major component of the York community, which as a whole is an active, welcoming city with ample opportunity for involvement and inclusivity. With its availability of affordable housing and employment opportunities and its abundance of community resources, York offers both a safe and supportive place to raise a family and an accessible and ever-changing environment for young professionals. Its recently revitalized downtown, expanding population, and proximity to major urban centers make it a hotspot of activity, but its close-knit community, accessible local leaders, and excellent cost of living afford it a charming small-town atmosphere.
Additional information on the York JCC can be found on the web at www.yorkjcc.org.