Print Description Email This To A Friend
Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York is a not-for-profit charity whose mission is to transform caring into action, to deliver services, programs and direction in order to improve the lives of children in crisis, families and the developmentally disabled. Founded in 1929, and rooted in Catholic tradition, Little Flower has been committed to improving the lives and well-being of children and adults by providing a multitude of high quality, innovative services and programs, led by trained and highly qualified staff.
• The Residential Treatment Center is based on the Wading River campus and provides an integrated interdisciplinary treatment team, consisting of social workers, mental health staff, childcare staff, educators, medical professionals and a recreation therapist. Individualized treatment plans that address the specific needs of each young person guide their care in a “healthy community” setting.
• Foster Care provides children, as well as birth families and foster families, with support and case planning services while working toward a customized permanency goal, such as adoption or return to birth family. Services include an array of mental health and medical services, including therapy, psychiatric and psychological evaluations and medication reviews, a well-child medical clinic, specialty referrals and dental care. Most recently, we have launched a Care Coordination program for families receiving Medicaid. We also offer several specialized initiatives including Preparing Youth for Adulthood, a program that allows youth to participate in workshops designed to prepare them for life skills including higher education, vocational skill development, employment and positive relationship building.
• Bridges to Health (B2H) offers 14 different services to children and families with the aim to maintain stability to reach the child’s permanency goal, whether that is at home with their parent, foster parent, group home, or through adoption. B2H’s goal is to prevent placement at a higher level of care such as, but not limited to, Residential Treatment Center (RTC), Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) placement or hospitalization.
• Services for Adults with Developmental Disabilities are designed to help each client to maximize his or her potential for self-care, social, emotional and physical development. The dedicated team of administrators, direct care workers and clinicians work together to provide a comprehensive continuum of care. We operate residential programs for adults with disabilities in Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island. We also provide support for individuals living in family care throughout New York City and Long Island.
In 2015 Little Flower accomplished the following:
• Managed the successful adoption of 59 children into new families
• Served 585 children in loving foster homes
• Cared for 130 children in the Residential Treatment and Inner Lights Program
• Helped 224 children return to their own families
• Assisted 112 young adults beginning life of their own
• Provided preventative services to 27 at-risk teens in foster care and their families
• Served 200 young adults in the Bridges to Health Program
• Helped 372 adults with developmental disabilities lead more rewarding lives
Headquartered in Wading River, with offices in Brooklyn, Jamaica, and Hauppauge NY with a staff of 600 and an operating budget of $55M, Little Flower provides caring and professional services to nearly 2,000 people every year. For more information, visit www.littleflowerny.org.