Print Description Email This To A Friend
Since 1986, Student Sponsor Partners (SSP) has been providing at-risk students in New York City with the opportunity to get a quality, non-public high school education through the financial support and one-to-one guidance of a sponsor. SSP serves youths who are academically at-risk, financially disadvantaged, and socially needy (with roughly three-quarters of our population coming from single-parent homes). Each SSP student is paired with a Sponsor, who provides tuition assistance for the student to attend a private high school and serves as a role model and academic coach until graduation day. The combination of a committed Sponsor and a challenging scholastic environment dramatically improves SSP students' prospects, not only for earning their diplomas but also for achieving real and lasting life-success after high school.
SSP has made a positive impact in the New York community and uses metrics to show case their results.
• 97% of the 222 graduates of the Class of 2016 were accepted to college.
• $64 million in tuition for SSP students to receive a private school education.
• Currently, 1157 students are enrolled in 23 partner schools.
• SSP has provided nearly 7,000 low-income students with a quality high school education.
• Annually, mentors collectively spend over 5,000 hours volunteering their time to mentor SSP students.
SSP has a full time staff of 11 and an operating budget of approximately $7.5 Million. For more information about Student Sponsor Partners, please visit their website at www.sspnyc.org.